Helpful hints for exercising this summer
Summer is here !! If you haven’t noticed the last week or so has been super hot – we wanted to share a few handy hints, debunk some myths and touch on some strategies you can use to perform better in summer when you exercise
Check out Mark talking specifically about Kurrawa to Duranbah 50 & 30k endurance races.
Considering they are just around the corner it is a good time to discuss heat acclimation, although any of these strategies can be applied to your own training and fitness especially when the thermometer goes upwards
Mark Barrett – strategies to make exercising in the heat easier
Running and endurance sports are a specific interest of ours at Physiologic – Physiotherapists Mark Barrett, Tim, Rigby, David Coombs and Brian Fuller all have a unique set of skills to make your perform at your best.
Even for the weekend warrior some of the tips you receive will make a 10-15% difference in your performance.
For more info or to make an appointment call us on 55787155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Use your health fund benefits in January for no “Out of Pocket Expense” on an initial consult
January is here and with that, your private health insurance benefits have just renewed!
As a valued patient of Physiologic, we would like to help you get the most out of your health in 2017 and make sure you get yourself off to the right start so you can achieve all your goals with optimal pain free function.
For the remainder of January we are offering you the following
A detailed initial consult where you recieve
- comprehensive examination to assess any underlying causes of current injury or to measure your “injury risk factor” based on detailed orthopaedic tests and assessment techniques
- a personalised written plan of how to address your current problem with likely prognosis and treatments needed
- treatment to reduce your pain quickly and alleviate your symptoms
- immediate strategy/advice to turn your pain around
All of the above is valued at $129 but for January we are offering it to you as a “NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE” if you have private health insurance. (*)
Make the most out of your health benefits
Get the kids checked out before school goes back – a strong spine is key !!
Get on top of pain, tightness or a tiresome niggle that just won’t go
Sort out pain thats affecting your function or exercise goals
So if you want 2017 to be one of your best and you really want to start the year with a massive bang then
GIVE US A RING ON 55787155 OR EMAIL ON email@example.com or
The Physiologic Team
*Offer only valid
- with selected Physiotherapists
- when using private health insurance on initial physiotherapy consults, excludes massage therapy, exercise physiology, classes and metabolic testing services
Robina Roos players are all invited to attend pre-season injury screening at Physiologic.
If you are serious about playing the season out injury free then this session is a must for you!
We use the latest clinical injury screening tests and evidence to highlight where you are most at risk of injury in the sport of AFL
WHAT INJURIES ARE MOST COMMON IN AFL
- knee (ACL)
- shoulder (dislocations etc)
WHO IS MOST AT RISK?
- Anyone who has had a previous injury (fracture, soft tissue muscle strain, ligament tear)
- Anyone who has had a significant enough injury that has kept them away from sport for more than 2 weeks
- Anyone who has had surgery
- Anyone who experiences tightness and general soreness regularly
- Everyone who is attending pre season training where your training loads are usually alot higher
WHY GET SCREENED ?
- helps us help you regarding who might need more injury prevention strategies this year
- Gives you insight into the extent of YOUR injury risk this season
- Prevent injury before it starts
- education on how YOU can change your injury risk
- specific researched techniques to avoid getting injured this year
- Ability to discuss any injury history or concerns with Physiotherapists
- Tue 6th and 13th December
- 6.30pm both evenings
- we can only cater for a total of 16 people each evening
- first to book gets preference
- No gap health fund rebate if you have private health insurance – swipe of card only OR
- $25 per person
- Please RSVP using this link – fill out the questionnaire – leave any parts that don’t apply to you but just mention on the form that you are part of the Robina Roos AFL Cub – https://physiologic.com.au/pre-assessment-questionnaire/
- Friday 2nd December – we need to know exact numbers for the two evenings