Our full range of services will ensure you get state of the art, multi-disciplinary care with the comfort of everything you need under one roof
We’ve got you covered
Whether you are injured or healthy, investments in your health are the best decisions you can make.
Our team are highly skilled professionals with specialised knowledge in a range of fields.
Over 25 years we have helped kids, adults, sports people, professionals, older people and families.
No matter what your problem – we’ve got you covered
Physiotherapy is about improving the way you function. Pain and injury prevent you functioning properly and can have devastating effects on your well-being. We assess, diagnose and treat your injury and assist you in reaching your goals.In doing so we improve your quality of life or performance.
The key to successful physiotherapy is understanding your problems and listening to your goals. It is thus critical that your diagnosis is correct on day one. Identifying the cause(s) of your problem and its effects through careful assessment is crucial in how we then set goals and plan your treatment.
The key features of Physiologic’s physiotherapy treatment plan(s) include:
- Manual Therapies: including soft tissue releases, trigger point therapy, joint mobilization, muscle energy techniques, joint manipulations, nerve sliders, stretches, etc. This is designed to improve the way you move and the way you feel.
- Exercise Therapy Programs: we feel this is the cornerstone of physiotherapy and we design exercise programs to get your body moving the way it should and then training it to keep it that way. This includes
- Muscles activation which is great to assist healing and pain relief from day one of the injury.
- Muscle control exercises to get muscles working how they should.
- Strengthening, Hypertrophy (muscle building) and power training to make sure your body can cope with the demands you want to place on it and prevent injury happening again
- Dry Needling: we use accupuncture needles to reduce or de-sensitise your pain and assist with positive changes to your muscle tissues.
- Pain-Inhibiting Therapies: heat and/or ice can assist your pain and allow your body to undergo the necessary adaptations to improve function
- Education: the most beneficial component of physiotherapy is getting the right education. This includes understanding what you should and shouldn’t do. Additionally, by understanding the way the body works and how your problem has developed we can educate you on appropriate prevention strategies.
Pilates is an enjoyable and effective method of exercise that has much to offer all people on the road to improving their health
Why do pilates at Physiologic?
- Classes are run by fully qualified Physiotherapists. Therese is passionate about pilates and has created a model where she uses her experience and an in-depth understanding of conditions that might affect your participation to appropriately plan and modify exercises. This way we can ensure your comfort during the class and promote individualised rehabilitation. As a bonus, attending a Physio-run class means that you may also be eligible for private health rebates, reducing your out of pocket expense.
- Our experience allows us to cater for everyone. By providing different exercise options within the class, we cater to all levels of physical ability and aim to challenge each person within their current capabilities. We understand that each person will have a different reason for joining pilates and our aim is to tailor classes to your individual goals.
- Small class sizes. No-one likes to be just a face in the crowd and small classes mean more attention on you and your movement.
- We offer a comfortable exercise environment. One of the best things about our classes are the people in it! A lot of people comment that they are relieved at how comfortable they feel within the classes and we think this boils down to how friendly and non-judgemental everyone is. There’s no pressure to wear expensive gym gear or already be in shape and because everyone is directed to be so focused on their own movement and control, there’s little opportunity for you to feel self-conscious. What’s more, the space is air-conditioned – which makes exercise far more comfortable!
Pilates matwork classes with Therese:
Wednesdays 5.30pm – 6.15pm
Running Technique and Performance
What is running technique training and how can it help me?
Running is a wonderfully simple activity and something we all naturally start doing in only the second year of our lives. As we grow and our running ability improves many children and adults start running more seriously, either for fitness, sport, or competition. Running also forms the key ingredient of most of our most popular team sports such as football, AFL and rugby league.
Despite the fact that running is such a natural activity an incredible number of people become injured each year from running. Poor running technique plays a large part in many running injuries, placing high loads on the body and creating asymmetries and imbalances that overload the muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones. Poor running technique is also inefficient, making running more effortful and less enjoyable. The good news is that good running technique is a learnable skill and with proper coaching can be dramatically improved.
Running technique training can help you if:
- You have an injury
- You are in training for a running event
- You want to improve your running speed
- You want to improve how far you can run
- You want to sprint faster on the football field
- You want to run but every time you try it is hard work and not enjoyable
- You wear through running shoes quickly
Running technique training is suitable for all ages and running abilities.
Cycling Injury and Performance Services
For elite and recreational cyclists alike Physiologic has your cycling specific needs covered. Cycling specific services are provided by resident cycling nut and physiotherapist Dave Coombs. Dave is extremely passionate about all things cycling and has experience working with numerous recreational, amateur and professional riders and cycling teams. Dave has the knowledge to tailor programs and services to each individuals needs and physical characteristics.
Dave’s philosophy is based around the idea that optimal cycling performance, injury prevention and comfort is dependant upon a combination of correct bike set up, technique and core stability. Mitch focusses heavily on training drills and exercise prescription to help cyclists of all levels achieve their goals.
Services provided include:
- bike fitting
- core stability programs
- injury management
- flexibility programs
- on bike video analysis
- technique and training advice
Golf Injury and Performance Services
Want to play golf with less lower back pain?
Need to hit the ball an extra 15m?
Lost your consistency on the golf course?
Physiologic has developed a specific golf health and fitness regime that will take your golf to heights you never thought imaginable. Josh Meyer is the leading Golf Physiotherapist in the state and consults to the QAS and Golf Australia High Performance Programs.
Whether you are a keen club golfer or touring pro the golf fitness and conditioning program at Physiologic is for you!
Core Stability Testing
What is the core?
Generally people think of the core as being the whole abdominal wall. However in rehabilitation we need to focus on the inner core muscles such as the transverse abdominis, as these are crucial for obtaining stability.
What is core stability?
Core stability is the ability of all your abdominal and back muscles working at their optimal level to control the position and motion of your trunk over your pelvis.
Why can the core be weak?
Pain often inhibits and weakens the core and over time your body compensates for this weakness by increasing the use of other muscles. This can also occur with sedentary lifestyle or poor mechanical habits.
Why have a Core Muscle Assessment?
Using Ultrasound technology we can look at the function of your transverse abdominis and teach you how to more efficiently activate this muscle. We also look at the way you move to assess your core stability.
This assessment will increase your core awareness, educate you on postural sense and provide you with exercises to improve your core stability.
Do you have dizziness or vertigo that stops you moving?
You’re not alone! Unfortunately, dizziness is a symptom that many Australians experience in their life time. If you’re less than 65 years old, 2 in 5 people have dizziness caused by a vestibular problem1 and as you get older, this rate increases.
Vestibular Physiotherapy is a type of rehabilitation that helps those who have dizziness caused by the inner ear, migraines or brain injury. Studies have shown that Vestibular Rehabilitation is effective in reducing the length of your symptoms and the need for medication following an inner ear dysfunction.2 Vestibular Physiotherapy is suitable for people with:
- Vestibular Neuronitis & Labyrinthitis
- Meniere’s Disease
- Acoustic Neuroma removal
- Imbalance/Dizziness from trauma
- Migraine Disorders
- Cervicogenic Dizziness (from the neck)
- Dizziness after stroke or head injury
- Drug-induced ear toxicity (ototoxicity)
- Dizziness when watching things move
Your assessment will include a full review of your dizzy attacks and other symptoms, as well as vestibular testing using infrared video eye recordings. All this information is considered to provide you with a personalised home exercise program that targets your unique problem. For more information on vestibular rehabilitation email leia.barnes@physiologic.
- Poe D, editor (2005) A Consumer Handbook on Dizziness and Vertigo. Auricle Ink Publishers, Sedona.
- Venosa, A. R., & Bittar, R. S. (2007). Vestibular rehabilitation exercises in acute vertigo. The Laryngoscope, 117(8), 1482-1487
Occupational/Sports screening involves our physiotherapists performing a variety of assessment and measuring techniques which have been shown to indicate predictors of injury or poor performance in sport, occupation and day to day life. This service is suggested for elite and social athletes and even corporate professionals in order to increase productivity and enhance work capacity.
The results of your screening will be thoroughly explained to you. Additionally you will receive a program to reduce the consequence of any adverse findings and reduce your risk of injury and improve your athletic performance.
Hip & Groin Clinic
Our hip and groin clinic is a specialised service targeted at difficult hip and groin conditions. It is appropriate for the general public with pain in this region but also sports people who commonly get pain here also. This area of the body can be difficult to manage and diagnose and as such we provide a specific Physiotherapist who excels clinically in this area.
David Battersby is a Specialist Sports Physiotherapist and in his role as head physio and consultant physio to elite and national sports teams, he has developed an amazing understanding of the complex problems that can cause pain and injury in and around the hip and groin.
The Hip and Groin Clinic includes the most thorough assessment of your problem, a clear explanation of the probable causes of your pain, advice on any further tests that may be required and most importantly how to solve your problem. A diagnosis, and a thorough treatment plan based on a clear understanding of this diagnosis is the cornerstone to any good rehabilitation.
Resting Metabolic Rate & VO2max Tests
Cutting edge technology previously only available to professional athletes is now available to you! Now you can learn detailed information about your metabolism to improve your health, fitness and performance.
How will this testing help me?
- Maximise fat burning
- Weight loss
- Optimise energy levels
- Correct calorie intake
- Save time & maximise training effect
- Improve performance
- Improve fuel efficiency
- Choose correct exercise for your metabolism
Is this testing suited for me?
We have tested people from all ages and fitness levels. These tests are tailored for the individual and their goals.
What will I get from doing this test?
Depending on the type of test you choose and your personal goals.
- Detailed explanation about your metabolism (Resting and exercise metabolism)
- Report with daily optimal calorie intake and fuel mix (carbohydrates, fat and protein)
- 12 week personalised exercise program with specifically targeted heart rate zones for optimal effect
For more detailed information and pricing see: Jupiter Health Website
You can also contact Therese with questions you have. Email email@example.com or phone (07) 5578 7155
Exercise Physiology is about using exercise to improve the health, function and well-being of your body. Exercise physiologists work to:
- Improve your strength and conditioning for a specific sport or physical activity
- Assist in the final stages of returning to work following surgery or injury to ensure you don’t get hurt again and can function to your potential
- Assist with weight loss programs and health programs to manage obesity, diabetes, cholesterol and cardiac issues
- Improve general health and well-being
It is complimentary to physiotherapy and is often used at the end of our treatment plans to ensure an excellent outcome for you.
Remedial Massage Therapy
Remedial Massage Therapy
Massage offers a form of treatment that provides relief from pain whilst stimulating healing of soft tissue injuries for athletes, chronic pain sufferers, headaches, neck pain, back pain and anyone complaining of general stiffness and soreness within the body.
Our massage therapist offers tailor designed solutions specific to your needs and outcomes.
Our massage point of difference is that remedial massage therapist works side by side with expert physios to apply a complete body approach that addresses all possible underlying causes so that you can achieve the greatest physical outcomes from our massage.
Anxiety, tension, pain and stiffness all affect your ability to function not only physically but also emotionally and professionally. Aline Schlueter, our remedial massage therapist excels in not only addressing your specific problem but aims to improve your physical condition so that you move and feel better than you ever have before.